Saturday, September 21, 2013

ER/Fertilization report

Yesterday was egg retrieval and we got 6 eggs. That was consistent with the ultrasounds I had been having. Overall it went fine, except when they could get my IV in on the first try. Yay. I woke up in the same amount of pain as usual, but this time I didn't have them give me any IV pain meds. Last time I ended up super nauseous from that, so this time I just took extra-strength Tylenol and I was ok. I would rather be in a little more pain than have the nausea. It was funny because I was telling one of the nurses when I first woke up that the pain after ER is the worst part of IVF. Then I corrected myself and told him that dealing with my insurance, specifically Aetna Specialty Pharmacy, was the worst part of IVF. I kind of went off for a minute and a few minutes later when I was more with it, I had a good giggle about it.

Anyway, today I got the call that only 2 of the 6 fertilized. Not the best report and not nearly as good as last time, but 2 is better than none. We will definitely be doing a 3 day transfer on Monday (my clinic requires at least 4 embryos to push forward to a 5 day transfer) and we will transfer both if we still have both. I am trying to focus all my positive energy into our two embryos growing and staying strong over the next few days if you want to join me in my positive thinking. :-) But nobody should call me because if my phone rings, I will get nervous it is the lab calling to say they didn't make it. Maybe this is the worst part of IVF, worrying about my little embryos and hoping we make it to transfer.

3 comments:

  1. C'mon little embies! Stay strong for your momma! I know the waiting and wondering is so hard. Try to take care of you, watch something funny, and just have peace....you've done everything in your power to get to this point, and that's all you can do. Hoping for a successful 3DT for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bethany! I so hope they both make it. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I called you today! Hopefully it didn't cause you too much stress. I'm glad I was able to give you a nice distraction! It was a lot of fun and a much needed break for me. Good luck with your transfer, I am so hoping and praying that things go well.

    ReplyDelete