Friday, January 24, 2014

Anatomy Scan

Yesterday was our anatomy scan and everything went really well. Both babies are right on track and look healthy. They were both moving quite a bit and we got a lot of great pictures. It was fun to get to see them both for so long.

We also found out that both babies are girls! I have been referring to them as girls for a few weeks now, but I think John was still (not so secretly) hoping there was a boy just being shy. I think he is already in love with his two little girls, especially when I showed him the cute little outfits I bought to celebrate. We are, of course, both thrilled to be having two babies-the sex isn't important to us at all. There are lots of girls in our family already, so I feel like we will be really well prepared (well, as prepared as one can be) for these little girls.

Now, the great name debate. Naming your children is a huge responsibility. Hopefully we can agree and get both babies named soon. I keep hoping to feel more bonded and connected to the babies, but unfortunately infertility has made me so cautious about pregnancy. I am constantly working on this and hope that now that I can refer to them as our girls and call them by name soon and feel them move more and more, that I will feel less disconnected to pregnancy. I am trying to get past the feeling that something is going to go wrong. In the meantime, I am doing my best to take care of myself and keep these girls in as long as possible. We have so much positive support, so we are very grateful for that.

I did a little shopping to celebrate team PINK x 2! :-)

4 comments:

  1. That is very exciting! Two girls will be so fun! I hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double trouble with 2 girls! Go team pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just started following. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your two baby girls!! So glad things are going so well. :)

    ReplyDelete